CHEESY ASPARAGUS AND ROASTED RED PEPPER-STUFFED CHICKEN
This recipe pairs well with a white wine and the green of your choice: spinach, romaine lettuce or broccoli. You can find all these ingredients at Wohlner's at Midtown Crossing. Currently, our boneless Chicken Breasts (.75 - 1 lb) are $5.99/lb* and would make for a warm, light dinner this week. Also for a limited time, try Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast at Wohlner’s for $4.99/lb.*
Dinner for 4
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
1/4 bunch asparagus, stemmed
1 roasted red pepper, diced
1 Tbs. pesto
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Wohlner’s chicken breasts, boneless (1 lb)
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Add asparagus to a medium pot of boiling water and boil for 1 minute. Immediately transfer asparagus to an ice bath to stop the cooking, drain water and dice the asparagus.
- In a small bowl, combine the diced pepper, asparagus, pesto and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts between two large pieces of plastic wrap. Pound them out until they are as even and thin as possible.
- Spoon the pepper and asparagus mixture onto one end of the chicken breast and roll up. Repeat on the second breast. Use a toothpick (or thongs) to hold chicken breasts in place, if needed. After chicken breasts are rolled, feel free to season them.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add the chicken rolls and cook on all sides for approximately 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer chicken to the oven and cook another 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken sit for approximately 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy!
* Recipe modified from “Cheesy Asparagus and Roasted Red Pepper-Stuffed Chicken” found on bevcooks.com. Image courtesy of bevcooks.com. All prices are subject to change.