QUESO CROCKPOT CHILI
This recipe pairs well with sour cream, tortilla chips or crackers of your choice. You can find all these ingredients at Wohlner's at Midtown Crossing. Currently, our 85% lean Ground Beef is on special for $3.39/lb* and this chili would be the perfect warm up for dinner this week.
Dinner for 8
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 1/2 - 2 hours
1 lb. of ground beef
3 cups salsa, divided
1½ cups water
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 bell peppers, minced
1 can corn (14 oz.), rinsed and drained
1 jalapeno pepper, minced (without ribs and seeds)
1 can black beans (14 oz.), rinsed and drained
4 oz. light cream cheese
6 oz. Pepper Jack cheese
* Recipe modified from “Queso Crockpot Chicken Chili” found at http://pinchofyum.com/queso-crockpot-chicken-chili-with-roasted-corn-and-jalapeno. All prices are subject to change.
- Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the ground beef, 1½ cups salsa, water, cumin, chili powder and salt in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours.
- Pat the minced peppers dry with a paper towel. Place the bell peppers in a large nonstick skillet over high heat without oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes WITHOUT stirring.
- Stir once and repeat until the peppers are nice and browned. Set aside. Repeat this process with the corn and jalapeño together.
- Add the roasted peppers, roasted corn and jalapeño, black beans, remaining salsa, and cream cheese to the crockpot. Stir and cover, allowing the cream cheese to melt.
- Let the soup simmer for another 15-30 minutes until everything is smooth and melted. Just before serving, stir in the Pepper Jack cheese.