Looking for a quick weeknight dinner or something delicious to eat while the Huskers reign over Michigan State? Here is an easy to make and excellent recipe. Plus this healthier and doesn’t have all the extra and unknown chicken parts that you may get at a fast food joint.
Chicken Tender Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 12 oz. Chicken Tenders
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup ground parmesan cheese (sold in a large shaker)
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce (see recipe below)
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips. Cut each strip into 2-3 inch lengths. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine honey mustard and egg whites.
- Combine panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white and mustard mixture, then into the breadcrumbs and parmesan mixture until well and evenly coated.
- Sauté chicken in a hot sauté pan coated with a small amount of vegetable or olive oil. Sauté 4-5 minutes per side until crispy, browned and cooked through. Drain well on a paper towel before serving. (To bake, place breaded chicken on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. This method will reduce the overall fat consumption, but will result in a slightly less crispy piece of chicken.)
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice from 1/2 lemon
- Horseradish, to taste2 tablespoons orange juice (more or less as needed)
- Combine all ingredients except orange juice; stir well.
- Thin to pouring consistency for dressing or dipping consistency for dips with orange juice.
- Cover and chill for 2 or 3 hours.
Chicken Fingers Crusted with Blazin’ Buffalo Doritos with Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing Dipping Sauce
- 12 oz. Chicken Tenders
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 cup crushed Blazin’ Buffalo Ranch Doritos
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing and/or Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping.
- Cut chicken tenders into 1/2-inch strips. Cut each strip into 2-3 inch lengths
- Combine egg whites and hot sauce
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white and hot sauce mixture, then into the crushed Doritos until well and evenly coated.
- Sauté chicken in a hot sauté pan coated with a small amount of vegetable or olive oil. Sauté 4-5 minutes per side until crispy browned and cooked through. Drain well on a paper towel before serving.
Roasted Whole Natural Chicken with Gravy and Roasted Yukon Gold Quarters
One of life’s delights is perfectly roasted whole chicken for dinner.
- The secret is to very generously season the chicken with coarse kosher salt and cook at 425°-450° until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°-175° (about 1hour 15 minutes).
- Wash and quarter four Yukon Gold Potatoes and place them in the roasting pan to cook with the chicken
- Allow the cooked chicken to rest 10-12 minutes while you make gravy using a Knorr Chicken Gravy Packet.
- Serve chicken and roasted Yukon Potato quarters and pass the gravy.
- Red: Merlot, Pinot Noir
- White: White Knight Viognier
Chicken Specials on Sale this Weekend Only!
Fresh natural chicken breast prepped for you so all you need do is cook these at home.
- Coconut-crusted Chicken
- Pecan-crusted Chicken Breast
- Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast
- Broccoli-Cheese Bacon WrappedChicken Breast
- Cordon Bleu Chicken (chicken breast wrapped around ham and Swiss cheese)
- Chicken Kebobs
- Chicken Pot Pie—Homemade by Wohlner’s
Those special chicken items by Wohlner’s give me some ideas to do with Tilapia Fillets which is on sale. Try making the following:
- Coconut Crusted Tilapia
- Pecan-Crusted Tilapia
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Tilapia Filets crusted with crushed Doritos in the flavor of your choice