Pork Cutlets with Baby Bella Mushroom Sour Cream Sauce
Here is a easy and economical meal which will deliciously remind of Stroganoff, it’s not exactly Stroganoff but flavor-wise it rhymes.
- 6 Pork Cutlets
- Flour for dredging cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 med. Yellow Onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of thinly sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms (aka Cremini)
- 1 garlic glove, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/2 c. Daisy Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. snipped parsley
- Season both flour and pork cutlets with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add canola oil to pan.
- When oil is hot add floured cutlets and cook fully cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Set pork on a plate and cover with foil.
- Drain off all but 1 Tbls of canola oil from skillet; add onions and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes scraping the brown bits off the bottom and the pan.
- Add broth to the mushrooms and onions and bring to a simmer.
- While broth is coming to a simmer, in a small bowl combine sour cream and flour in small bowl.
- Reduce heat to low.
- When the broth mixture is below a simmer stir sour cream flour mixture into hot broth BUT DO NO BOIL!
- Once the sour cream is added if the sauce boils the sour cream will separate.
- Place pork and any meat juices in the sauce to warm the cutlets.
Note: This recipe could be used with thin pork chops, sliced pork tenderloin medallions, and tenderized beef cutlets.